TO EXECUTION AND BEYOND
WE’VE GOT YOUR BACK
WE ARE ATTORNEYS AND ADVISORS WHO DARE TO THINK DIFFERENTLY AS WE STRUCTURE SMART DEALS, PROTECT YOUR WORK, DEFEND YOUR INTERESTS, AND HELP YOU LEVERAGE OPPORTUNITIES AND OPERATE AT YOUR MAXIMUM POTENTIAL.
WE RECOGNIZE THAT YOUR BUSINESS IS PRECIOUS. WE LISTEN. WE EXPLORE. WE STRATEGIZE. WE NURTURE. WE LEAD. WE FOLLOW. WE CARE.
OUR TEAM IS YOUR TEAM IN SEEING YOUR VISION THROUGH. WE ADVOCATE FOR YOU AND CHAMPION YOUR OBJECTIVES. WE NAVIGATE YOU THROUGH RAPIDLY CHANGING BUSINESS ENVIRONMENTS. WE RELISH IN YOUR SUCCESS.
• Member of a trial team that obtained a $41 million jury verdict for an international casino executive defamed
by statements made by the former owner of Girls Gone Wild.
• Obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement for a client whose husband illegally videotaped her in their
• Prosecuted idea submission and life rights claims on behalf of a motion picture production company and the
boxer who inspired the Rocky franchise.
• Assisted a cryptocurrency financial institution in creating its employment and confidentiality materials and in
enforcing its confidentiality provisions, including successfully removing content from an employer review
• Obtained a complete defense verdict in an employment-discrimination arbitration.
• Successfully defended the appeal of an anti-SLAPP ruling that found a report analyzing the content of a website
for use by advertising and marketing companies was a matter of public interest.
Bryan Bergman joins Nolan Heimann with nearly fifteen years’ experience in complex business transactions and civil litigation. As his career developed, he realized that the emerging cannabis industry presented both an opportunity and a challenge, as new cannabis businesses would require legal advice not only on swiftly changing cannabis legislation and regulations, but also on basic legal issues that face any entrepreneurial venture. He has developed an unmatched expertise in this growing industry, speaking regularly on cannabis industry-related topics and educating operators and other professionals, including attorneys and accountants, on this developing area of law. His client services include providing assistance in entity strategy and formation; contract negotiations and drafting on a wide variety of deals including real estate, investment, management, distribution/sales, and other business transactional issues; cannabis license application preparation; regulatory compliance; and organizational structuring and management. In addition to his legal work, Bryan maintains a substantial network of cannabis professionals from a variety of areas available to assist his clients in all aspects of establishing or expanding their businesses, such as legal, financial/accounting, labor, political consulting/lobbying, real estate, banking, business development, media, social media, and brand marketing.
During his legal studies at UC Hastings, Bryan was published in a distinguished law journal for an article on digital sampling, was president of the Association of Communications, Sports and Entertainment Law (ACSEL) , worked closely with the school administration on new admissions, organized charity concerns to benefit the First Five Foundation, and created MCLE panels that were attended by over 500 individuals. Outside of the legal profession and cannabis industry, he has a wide variety of personal interests, including adventure sports, music, and travelling.
• University of California, Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
• Tulane University, B.S., Business Management
• Successfully obtained state cannabis licenses for a multitude of clients since 2016 with an exceptional
rate, including monitoring and updating applications as needed to stay abreast of changing
regulations to ensure
• Submitted the number-one ranked written application for merit-based applications in two separate cities.
successfully assisted clients in obtaining merit-based licenses in multiple local jurisdictions.
• Assisted on closing multiple multimillion-dollar transactions for companies seeking to engage in the California
• Advised policymakers to assist multiple local jurisdictions in forming their cannabis regulations.
• Closed a multimillion-dollar reverse merger between a publicly traded Canadian company and California
• Regularly teaches cannabis law to attorneys, accountants, and other professionals across the United States.
With nearly two decades of experience as a litigator, general counselor and over-all good guy, Michael is what every business person should have – a trusted confidant, advisor, and consigliore. Michael served as General Counsel for Baja Fresh, where he managed and directed all aspects of Baja Fresh’s legal activities, including intellectual property management and protection, contract negotiations, franchise relations, leasing and litigation. Michael also served as General Counsel for a group of companies involved in the production, advertising, marketing, and sale of educational products via long-form commercials and the Internet. In that position, Michael assisted in defending the companies against a nearly half billion dollar lawsuit filed by the Federal Trade Commission. In his private practice, Michael continues to apply his general counsel expertise by providing practical and strategic guidance to owners and key executives on a wide range of business and legal issues, including contract drafting and negotiations, intellectual property, employment/labor/HR matters, regulatory issues, advertising, and licensing. As a litigator, Michael has handled myriad complex business disputes with a particular emphasis on complex contract, business fraud, real estate, partnership, employment, bankruptcy and intellectual property litigation. Michael’s combined litigation and general counsel experience provide him a unique perspective on how to avoid disputes before they happen and, when they simply cannot be avoided, how to resolve those disputes efficiently in order to reach the best possible result for his clients.
• Loyola Law School, J.D.
• University of California at Los Angeles, B.A., History
• Negotiated agreement on behalf of major restaurant chain to install restaurants in airports throughout the
• Represented minority shareholder in breach of fiduciary duty action against majority shareholder of
school. Obtained multi-million dollar settlement on 8th day of trial.
• Represented restaurant owner in dispute with landlord over lack of parking and breach of covenant of good faith
fair dealing. Obtained $1.8 million judgment in bifurcated judicial reference action.
• Represented dentist in arbitration over sale of dental practice and dispute regarding terms of sale.
arbitration award exceeding $700,000.
• Assisted in defense of $475 million Federal Trade Commission lawsuit against educational infomercial company
alleged violations of various advertising and telemarketing sales rules.
• Represented hotel owner in successfully settling lawsuit for alleged violations of Americans With Disabilities
relating to use of service animals at hotel.
• Assisted business owner in restructuring companies, forming new entities, drafting employee handbooks, and
various policies and procedures to help streamline business operations.
When you find yourself in times of trouble…Diane is the person to turn to. Seventeen years as a first chair civil litigator at the renowned Los Angeles firm Manatt, Phelps & Phillips, Diane’s litigation career has focused on representing high profile entertainment industry clients — individuals and small, mid-sized and Fortune 500 companies — in myriad complex litigation matters, including contract, copyright, trademark, privacy, unfair competition, personal, real estate and employment disputes. In addition to litigation, Diane has substantial alternative dispute resolution and neutral experience, serving as a Mediator, a superior court Temporary Judge, and an Arbitrator for the Los Angeles County Bar Association. Diane’s mediation practice focuses on intellectual property disputes, contract, real estate and employment disputes. Diane is frequently called upon to consult on or salvage cases with unusual challenges, or to provide counseling and pre-litigation advice on contract, copyright, trademark, chain of title review and analysis issues. Lest you think Diane is all work and no play, Diane spent some time as a stand-up comic – no joke.
• Harvard Law School, J.D.
• Yale University, B.A.
Stefan Guttensohn joins Nolan Heimann with decades of experience in business law and financing. Throughout his career, he has served companies of all sizes and at all stages of development, from start-up to Fortune 500. Stefan has also advised in a broad range of sectors, including technology, manufacturing, retail, entertainment, financial advisory (investment funds and RIAs), life sciences, telecommunications, oil & gas, and hospitality.Stefan’s corporate & business planning practice is diverse, and includes business transactions, corporate structuring, corporate governance, privacy, and other corporate policy development (such as anti-money laundering). His financing practice includes capital raising, mergers and acquisitions, securities, and fund formation. In his practice, he combines detail-oriented legal skills with big-picture business acumen, maintaining a clear focus on his clients’ interests and goals. Unique to Stefan’s practice is his depth of international experience. From North America to Asia, he has handled cross-border acquisitions with transactions under the laws of Algeria, Bahrain, British Virgin Islands, Canada, Cayman Islands, Channel Islands, Chile, China, France, Israel, Luxembourg, Mexico, Morocco, Saudi Arabia, Spain, Singapore, South Africa, Turkey, UAE, Ukraine and the United Kingdom. His international experience allows him to expertly handle the complexities of cross-border transactions. Prior to joining Nolan Heimann, Stefan served with securities regulators, an international law firm based in NYC, a Paris-based international law firm, a Canadian cross-border securities boutique, and a start-up focused practice in Southern California. Stefan is as an adjunct professor at Loyola Law School, instructing students in the legal and business considerations involved in forming, financing, and operating emerging growth businesses.
• Advised a number of technology start-ups on their formation up to exit event
• Advised a hotel franchisor, investment advisors and start-ups on their privacy policies
• Advised a Santa Clarita company on the establishment of its Canadian subsidiary
• Advised a client on disclosure issues related to a potential FDA/SEC investigation regarding promotional
statements made for a Phase Three investigational drug
• Advised a Fortune Global 500 company on a proposed cross-border joint venture
• Advised numerous new entities on early rounds of financing
• Advised a music-app start-up on a reverse merger with a listed company
• Advised a Santa Clarita company on its acquisition of a Bulgarian technology company
• Advised a Ventura oil & gas related company on its private placement
• Assisted Universal Music Publishing Group in its due diligence review for the acquisition of BMG Music
Publishing from EMI
• Advised a Middle-East agriculture-focused US private investment fund on its formation
• Advised a Florida-based hospitality real estate development fund on various matters
Wendy Heimann-Nunes is a founding and managing partner of Nolan Heimann LLP, the only law firm featuring a practice area dedicated to location-based and immersive entertainment. Wendy’s clients run the gamut in this specialized industry and include owners, operators, developers, studios, licensors, licensees, designers, consultants, technology providers, and more. In addition to providing traditional legal counsel, Wendy provides strategic business counsel to assist her clients in the growth, monetization, and maximization of opportunities for intellectual properties, content, brands, developments, and technologies. Entertainment and business united for Wendy right from the start in her early role as Executive Director of the renowned landmark, The Chicago Theatre, and her associated work in assisting the city’s efforts to revitalize its North Loop. And, it was in the windy city where the former talent agent began her legal career with the international law firm Mayer Brown after graduating from The University of Chicago Law School. Wendy went on to serve as an executive at Universal Studios, heading up Business and Legal Affairs for Universal Creative, the division responsible for the concept, design and development of all domestic and international theme parks, resorts and attractions. Prior to co-founding Nolan Heimann, Wendy chaired the immersive and location-based entertainment department of the law firm Zuber, Lawler & Del Duca. She is an active member and pro-bono counsel of the Themed Entertainment Association and has sat on several advisory boards, including the Board of Advisors of Immersive Tech, a nonprofit committed to supporting the development and adoption of immersive experiential technology. In addition to her dedication to immersive entertainment, Wendy is a passionate drummer. Her LA-based band, Crinoline, plays throughout Southern California with an occasional jaunt to Vegas. A Doors fan, Wendy often quotes Jim Morrison: “The most important kind of freedom is to be what you really are.” She applies that philosophy to all aspects of her professional and personal life and always encourages her clients to do the same.
• University of Chicago Law School, J.D.
• Northwestern University, B.S., Communications
• City of London Polytechnic, Television and Film
• Negotiated license agreement on behalf of multi-billion dollar international developer for first 20th Century
Studios theme park in the world.
• Led landmark theater in structuring and negotiating long-term theatrical lease with Walt Disney
including securing multi-million dollar capital improvement commitment.
• Negotiated employment agreement on behalf of entertainment executive for leadership of developer’s creative
for Universal Studios Singapore at Resorts World Sentosa.
• Assisted in structuring joint venture with Seraphim, Clive Barker’s production company, for development of
opportunities based on new intellectual properties.
• Negotiated agreement on behalf of international developer for development of Marvel Studios family
centers throughout India.
• Assisted various intellectual property owners in negotiating and structuring roll-out of IP’s in location-based
• Drafted and negotiated numerous multi-million dollar service and purchase agreements on behalf of creative
technical companies for deals throughout North America, Europe, Asia and UAE.
• Assisted Chinese developer in negotiating license agreement with Paramount Studios for development of Paramount
projects in China.
David Hoffman has over three decades of experience practicing exclusively in the area of intellectual property. From his early start as a patent attorney, David has developed an unusual breadth of experience in all intellectual property matters. Benefitting from his years of working in multiple law firms, David proactively and meticulously secures his clients’ rights while minimizing and avoiding lawsuits. Currently focused on trademarks, David helps his clients at every stage of developing and registering their mark, from conflict clearance searches and registration to handling oppositions, cancellations, and if need be, litigation. In the course of his career, he has represented companies from start-ups all the way to multinational corporations. In addition to his daily legal practice, David is a prolific author and speaker, regularly publishing and presenting on various aspects of intellectual property law. His 2017 book, Sobering Trademark Stories, illustrates the pitfalls of failing to properly clear and protect a company’s mark through examples taken from beer, wine, and liquor companies. David enjoys doing puzzles, playing bid pitch, fixing things, and wine tasting with his wife, Christy.
• University of Pennsylvania, Carey Law School, J.D.
• Massachusetts Institute of Technology, B.S. Civil Engineering
• Won a petition to cancel a competing trademark registration in the restaurant industry.
• Brought petition to cancel and favorably settled, enabling registration of client’s trademark.
• Obtained hundreds of trademark registrations.
• Extricated a client from a trademark lawsuit early in spite of a large, vindictive arch competitor on the other
• Successfully obtained a Chinese trademark registration in an appeal over a Chinese national’s registration.
Christine Lawton has 15+ years’ executive experience launching and monetizing businesses at the convergence of entertainment, technology and retail, helping Fox, Universal, DreamWorks and Disney innovate consumer experiences. With business, creative, financial and legal expertise across all aspects of the complex structural transactions necessary to launch and support B2B and B2C businesses, Christine applies rare combined perspective and oversight capabilities to digital, entertainment, media, retail, consumer tech, branded merchandising, and traditional licensing and distribution businesses.
Christine has guided home entertainment, television, video game, mobile, digital distribution platform, music, toy, and retail relationships, and has structured, negotiated and drafted financing, acquisition, marketing, promotion, distribution, publishing, hardware, software and consumer products agreements. At Fox, Christine led a 20-person, global, home entertainment legal and business advisory team, including a digital legal licensing unit. Also at Fox, she structured and negotiated partner relationships necessary to launch Fox’s Innovation Lab for immersive technologies. At Universal Studios Home Entertainment, she ran a 13-person Business & Legal Affairs department. In that role she structured and negotiated partnerships valued up to $100M, manufacturing and distribution relationships valued annually at $10M-$50M, and multi-year alliances with Lionsgate, Summit and DreamWorks that shepherded the home entertainment releases of The Hunger Games, Twilight, and Shrek franchises. At DreamWorks, Christine was head of Business Affairs for worldwide home entertainment, domestic syndicated television, and worldwide pay and free television. At Disney, Christine was Director of Business & Legal Affairs at Buena Vista Home Video, responsible for video licensing, acquisition, manufacturing and distribution, and promotional partnerships.
Christine doesn’t like being bored or the possibility of boring herself or people around her. From early classical ballet, flute and piano training, she moved into modern dance and waterskiing, and then became the lead singer in a couple garage bands. Logically, she became an amateur chocolatier and began to take improv and salsa classes from time to time. If time were more forgiving, she’d travel and read way more than she does. Her two daughters are better at everything they touch than she and her husband could be at anything they do, which they’re both learning to deal with.
Outside of family, work and play, Christine’s committed to organizations that support women and families and people of color, and to legal and industry initiatives that advance intellectual property and consumer technologies. She’s Vice Chair, Board of Directors, of the I Have a Dream Foundation – Los Angeles, and Faculty Advisor to the Women’s In-House Counsel Leadership Institute. She served as Moderator, Digital Hollywood, Women in the Industry: Developing Film, Television & OTT About Women – A Golden Age in Hollywood and Indie Production (May 2018) and for the Women’s In-House Counsel Leadership Institute Financial Acumen Webinar (March 2017), and was Co-Host and Moderator for the Women’s In-House Counsel Leadership Institute Project 20/35, Disruptive Technologies Workshop (September 2017). She’s also a Co-Author of “Harmonize Your Trade Secret Protection to Protect Your Assets”, ACC Docket (December 2017). She was Presenting Speaker, USC Law Black Law Students Association Annual Alumni Banquet (2017); Chairperson, USC Law Reunion Committee (2010), is a member of the USC Law Intellectual Property Institute Planning Committee (2016 – Present) and the USC Law African American Admitted Students Committee (2016 – Present), and was a Curriculum Advisor and Lecturer for the USC Law Entertainment Law Program (2009 – 2013). She’s a member of the 2020 Women on Boards Los Angeles Planning Committee (2016 – Present) and the Association of Corporate Counsel Diversity and IP Committees (2016 – Present). At NBCU she was Hub Co-Leader, Women’s Network @ NBCUniversal Los Angeles (2010) and Co-Chair, West Coast Regional Legal Conference on Women & Diversity )2009).
• University of Southern California Gould School of Law, J.D.
• University of Delaware, B.A., Communications; Minor in French
• Launched video streaming and download businesses, adding ~$40M incremental revenue and forging relationships
Netflix, Amazon, iTunes, Microsoft Xbox, and Sony PlayStation.
• Negotiated and administered ~300 digital platform licensing deals annually, each with term value of ~$5M+
• Optimized acquisition and distribution terms for home entertainment releases of multi-billion-dollar
including Hunger Games, Twilight and Shrek.
• Developed relationships with Technicolor, Deluxe, Akamai, Vubiquity, Unreal, Sapient Nitro and Neustar to
product development, delivery and revenue objectives, and reduce costs.
• Structured and negotiated a major motion picture studio’s first-ever immersive media development, production
• Set up lean BA infrastructure for a start-up’s on-time delivery of revenue objectives.
• Business affairs lead for technology and business model innovations for platforms and devices, including
VOD, digital lockers, 4K, AR, MR, and VR.
• Structured multi-million-dollar partnerships with global brands, including P&G, McDonald’s, Kraft,
Sony, Samsung, HP, and Wal-Mart.
Kristin Lebovic joins Nolan Heimann with extensive experience in tax accounting, planning, and controversy at the federal, state, and local level. In her practice, she takes a proactive approach when providing strategic tax advice to individuals and businesses, at all stages of growth. Kristin’s clients hail from a broad range of industries including manufacturing, cannabis, food & beverage, and entertainment.
Prior to joining the firm, Kristin was employed by one of the largest multilevel marketing companies in the world, operating in over 90 countries. The company’s use of a “seed to feed” strategy allowed her to obtain first-hand knowledge of issues confronting businesses that are vertically integrated, that use unconventional distribution channels, and that operate in a highly regulated environment.
In addition to her legal practice, Kristin enjoys spending time with her family and friends.
• Santa Clara University, School of Law, J. D.
• San Jose State University, M.S., Taxation
• University of Kansas, B.S., Business Administration
• Transitioned publicly held finance company into the IRS CAP program
• Obtained rulings from the CDTFA for a Sec. 6015 retailer
• Negotiated tax settlement agreements at the state appellate level
• Developed and defended tax position in Texas, resulting in a significant refund and future annual tax savings for a commissions-based business
• Advised on cross-border entity structure, including intercompany transactions
• Advised on capital gain treatment for the sale of music catalogs and associated intellectual property
• Advised on Sec. 1202 exclusion of gain on stock sale
Mishawn is passionate about helping innovators and entrepreneurs strategically leverage their assets. Having been a dancer and choreographer before becoming an attorney, she has a particular affinity for creatives. Even then her leadership and problem solving skills were evident and she was called upon to produce live events. Her ability to understand the needs and concerns of both the creative and business sides of the equation has led to effective deals being struck and projects moving forward. Mishawn believes that makers need the freedom to do what they do best and should have a strong, dynamic team to support their growth. She excels at leading that team. Mishawn has extensive experience working with the complex blending of corporate, entertainment, technology, and intellectual property challenges that exist where Hollywood, Madison Avenue and Silicon Valley converge. Mishawn was the co-chair of the Entertainment, Intellectual Property and New Media section of the San Fernando Valley Bar Association from 2005 – 2011.
• Pepperdine Law School, J.D.
• UCLA, B.A., Political Science
• Oxford University, International Politics
Cindy has close to 20 years of experience as a general corporate transactional attorney, specializing in licensing, entertainment, and technology. Her clients have included production companies, fashion designers, restaurants, entertainment entities, a consumer products division of a multi-billion dollar entertainment company, and a sports management firm. Cindy has a keen business sense – senior level executives trust her with myriad business and legal issues. Among other things, Cindy has drafted and negotiated countless complex licensing, production, distribution, technology, consulting, development, rights acquisition, marketing, promotional, termination, settlement, product placement, domestic and international merchandise, promotional, home video, and publishing agreements. She has worked at or for major players in their respective fields, including companies such as The Walt Disney Company, Fox Family (now ABC Family), American Golf Corporation, DIRECTV, California Pizza Kitchen, and Pinkberry. In addition to practicing law, Cindy is passionate about travel and hiking. She has visited over 30 countries, having climbed Mt. Kilimanjaro, trekked from Mollepata to Machu Picchu, and trekked from Lukla to Mt. Everest Base Camp. She also has been involved in politics for over 20 years – including working as an Advance Associate for the White House and as an Advance Associate for five Presidential campaigns.
• Southwestern Law School, J.D. (Cum Laude)
• University of Pittsburgh, B.A. Political Science and English Writing (dual)
• Negotiated numerous high profile and high dollar domestic and international licensing agreements for The
Disney Company with licensees from a variety of lines of business.
• Drafted complex distribution and production agreements for DIRECTV’s Audience Network.
• Assisted well known restaurant clients with franchisee relations, structuring promotional campaigns, and
deals with a host of loyalty, POS, and digital gifting and marketing program providers.
• Managed a wide variety of legal matters for a new apparel company backed by an industry leader.
• Aided in the transition of a robust intellectual property portfolio and licensing business to a
dollar entertainment conglomerate.
• Drafted unique sponsorship and partnership agreements, including for an apparel line developed in conjunction
a former Olympic athlete.
David is a lawyer and business executive with over 15 years of experience specializing in intellectual property, licensing, and contract negotiations. With a proven track record of developing creative and pragmatic solutions that align business needs with legal and regulatory requirements, he helps his clients protect and monetize their copyrights and trademarks and efficiently resolve day-to-day legal issues. David has filed over 300 trademark registrations in the U.S. and overseas and has negotiated and drafted hundreds of business agreements with service providers, manufacturers, distributors, vendors, and other business partners. David’s clients include, among others, software developers, consumer products companies, creative artists, fashion designers, and manufacturers. Recognizing the increasing need for companies in the cannabis industry to protect their brands, David has worked with growers, distributors, and service providers to understand the complicated federal and state registration system and to obtain registrations for their trademarks. David has also helped Amazon sellers through the complicated process of protecting their trademarks on the Amazon marketplace and successfully gating their brand from unauthorized sellers. In addition to legal work, David understands the nuances of business development and strategy, having developed a multi-million-dollar licensed apparel division from scratch. David spent the first 10 years of his career at Sedgwick LLP before resigning his partnership to join a $100 million-a-year apparel company as General Counsel. In that role, he managed the company’s global intellectual property portfolio, combated counterfeiting and discounters, negotiated and drafted leases, software service agreements, and other contracts, and advised on employment issues, while also working with the executive team to plan and implement the company’s strategy. David is a passionate soccer fan and L.A. Galaxy supporter. In fact, he is the Regional Commissioner for Region 58 of the American Youth Soccer Organization (AYSO) in the Van Nuys Sherman Oaks Park. He is also the former Chair of the Editorial Board of Los Angeles Lawyer Magazine.
• University of California Hastings College of the Law, J.D.
• University of California, Berkeley, B.A. Rhetoric
• Negotiated a multi-million dollar licensing deal with The Walt Disney Company for a high-end line of
• Negotiated and drafted outbound licensing and promotional endorsement agreements for a global health and
• Managed global trademark portfolios for apparel, consumer product, and interactive entertainment companies.
• Successfully led enforcement efforts for a retail consumer product company whose items were being counterfeited
Amazon.com,, ultimately leading to their brand being gated by Amazon.
• Obtained federal trademark registration for multiple brands related to the cannabis industry.
• Developed an industry-leading product safety program to ensure global compliance and protect an apparel company
product liability litigation, Prop 65 claims, and government investigation.
• Obtained a complete defense verdict after 5-day jury trial in the Central District of California for clients
signed a contract to invest $10 million in the distribution of an independent film.
• Obtained an award in FINRA arbitration for a broker-dealer against a former employee for violation of the Trade
• Obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement for a client whose husband illegally videotaped her with another man
• Obtained awards from the California Labor Commissioner on behalf of talent managers regarding violation of
Talent Agencies Act.
• In a profit participation matter, obtained a multimillion-dollar settlement from a film studio on behalf of
Academy Award–winning producer/director.
WE DEVELOP STRATEGIES, DOCUMENT DEALS, BUILD RELATIONSHIPS, NAVIGATE CHALLENGES, RESOLVE DISPUTES, AND MOTIVATE GROWTH.
We identify, build and protect your copyright, trademark, and trade secret assets. We can help you create and exploit new IP or seek new revenue streams for existing IP. We resolve disputes and provide practical, cost-effective solutions for everyday IP management.
We assist clients at all stages of the business cycle, from professionalizing emerging companies, strategizing growth to executing exit plans. We negotiate complex transactional and operational matters and provide general corporate advisory services on day-to-day business.
We are the only law firm featuring a group dedicated to the unique needs of the Immersive and Location-Based Entertainment industry. We represent designers, developers, engineers, theme parks, museums, venues, technologists, studios, and content providers.
Our premier cannabis group understands the unique challenges faced by cannabis and hemp businesses. We assist our clients through every stage of operations – from planning and formation through licensing, compliance, investment, and expansion.
We have deep experience in the traditional and emerging entertainment space. From development through distribution, we consistently structure deals that optimize potential revenue streams. Our team excels where entertainment converges with technology and licensing.
Whether providing pre-litigation advice or taking a case through trial, our litigators have the experience necessary to focus on the big picture and ensure that your interests are zealously protected.
We provide strategic advisory services to fully monetize assets. With unparalleled experience across multiple businesses, we guide you from concept to execution. With sharp, focused business insights, actionable plans, and an unmatched professional global, multi-industry network, we unlock unrealized value. We have deep experience in the traditional and emerging entertainment space. From development through distribution, we consistently structure deals that optimize revenue streams. Our team excels where entertainment converges with technology, licensing and other businesses.
Whether helping to shape news stories before they are printed, correcting false information online, or bringing suit to compensate our clients for the damage done, our attorneys are experienced at protecting our clients’ rights and defending our clients’ reputations from false and defamatory misinformation.
Practicing law is, too often, a study in opposites. If you’re like us, you enjoy providing high-quality legal support to clients with whom you’ve forged authentic working relationships. You find pride and satisfaction in providing counsel to individuals and companies who value your contribution to their success. But it’s also likely that you find your enjoyment of your profession outweighed by the frustrations of a typical law practice.
Are you tired of the demands and restrictions of working in a large firm? Or are you hitting the limits of what you can achieve in solo practice and wish you could have more support without extra bureaucracy? Above all, do you want more control to direct your individual practice, maximize your earnings, and achieve a better balance in your life overall? If so, consider joining the team at Nolan Heimann.
Who are we? We’re a group of seasoned lawyers from top-tier law schools and world-class law firms and corporations. Our wide range of expertise draws on our attorneys’ collective experience and talents. We encourage our team members to follow their professional passions, because we know that people who love what they do bring unmatched energy and ambition to their work. Unlike a traditional brick-and-mortar firm, we don’t require a daily commute into an office—our attorneys have the freedom to craft their own practice within the framework of a collegial, respectful, collaborative team. Above all, we pride ourselves on superior client service. Our success is measured by the success we achieve for the people we represent.
Nolan Heimann is looking for attorneys with excellent academic credentials, outstanding professional experience and a minimum of seven years of practice. If you believe you meet our criteria and are interested in learning more about our firm, we’d love to hear from you. Please send an email with your resume attached to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Nolan Heimann is an equal opportunity employer—truly. We’re committed to active non-discrimination, as it is our policy that all employees and applicants receive equal consideration and treatment. We recruit on the basis of an individual’s qualifications to fill a position only, regardless of race, color, national origin, ethnic and cultural background, religion, sex, age, medical condition or disability, citizenship, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation or preference, and marital, veteran or family status.
IF YOU'RE READY TO WORK WITH SMART AND ENGAGED ATTORNEYS WHO WILL ALWAYS HAVE YOUR BACK, LET'S TALK.
Copyright © 2020 Nolan Heimann LLP. All rights reserved. The trademarks, logos, and service marks not owned by Nolan Heimann LLP and that are displayed on this site are the registered and unregistered marks of their respective owners.